The course covers strategies, management, technology and systems. You learn modern approaches to supply chain management such as lean, six-sigma and operations management which are integral elements of the course. On the two-year work experience route, the course offers useful work placement opportunities
Business Logistics is the set of activities involved in the flow of materials and products through an organization and through the supply chain to the market. More specifically, business logistics is the subject that manages efficient, effective flow and storage goods, services, and related information in a supply chain. The key elements of business logistics covered in this course include logistics planning and strategy, customer service, procurement, transport, inventory, warehousing, and handling. This course addresses questions about logistics planning, transport modes selection, vehicle routing, inventory policies, purchasing quantity and timing, and storage selection.
1. Develop knowledge about the interconnectedness of business units and organizations (via the flow of products, money, and information) within the supply chain.
2. Develop knowledge about key elements of logistics processes, such as logistics planning and strategy, customer service, procurement, transport, inventory, warehousing, and handling.
3. Enhance analytical skills and capability to synthesize information from several perspectives.
4. Enhance communication, reflection and teamwork skills.
More Courses by Insturctor
- Welcome to The Leaning Portal 00:00:00
- Assessing your Knowledge 00:00:00
- Apics Logistics PRE Test 00:06:00
- Apics-Introduction 00:05:00
- Apics- Introduction Module 00:05:00
- Apics-Aligning Business Strategy 00:05:00
- Apics- Processes For Developing 00:05:00